George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have just bought a dishwasher DFN05X10W. We are trying

Hello. We have just bought a dishwasher DFN05X10W. We are trying to set water hardness but it says we have to set program to 01 (but there are no numbers) and hold down the start/stop/cancel button whilst pressing the on/off button. But there is no on/off button.
We have no idea what to do to set the hardness.
Please help.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.
Have you managed to set it yet?
If not then when you use the socket as the on/off switch and kept the start button held in after several seconds did the lights on the right hand side come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, we haven't set it.When we tried using the socket as the on/off switch, then the top 3 lights came on and flashed but this did not tie in with the manual. We need water hardness level 5 which means that all the lights should be on but not flashing (level 6 is all lights on and flashing).
So frustrating.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok so when them lights come on if you turn the dial round one click at a time do the lights change?
You should turn the dial to position 4 and then that should be level 5 and all the lights should be lit.
The positions of the knob is going clockwise from the off position.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing changes.
The 'on' light is green and the 'wash' and 'dry' lights flash but the 'end' one won't come on. I have tried slowly turning the program knob but nothing changes with the lights.
The machine whirs a bit but nothing actually happens.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Bit of a strange one as looking at the manuals on this it doesn't really make sense as it doesn't really match up with the controls on the front.
I will opt out for the time being and if another expert can help they will jump in. If no one has picked this by Tuesday I will jump back in as when im back in the office I can get better service info rather then what I have at home with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying anyway.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** the following:
1. Turn the appliance off by setting the programme selection knob to 12 O'clock position.
2. Press & Hold the Start button.
3. Turn programme selection knob to position 1.
4. “Water Hardness Level” set appears on the indicator of the machine (See. Water Hardness Level Adjustment Table).
Release the Start button after the default “Water Hardness Level” appears.
The default “Water Hardness Level” will remain lit on the panel of the machine for about 5 seconds.
5. To adjust the new Water Hardness Level, move the programme selection Knob to the position that is suitable for your water supply. (See. Water Hardness Level Adjustment Table)
**Programme selection knob rotates in 5 steps regardless of the number of the programme contained on the machine.
6. Press “Start” key once to store the level you have selected.
7. Turn the program selector to the Off position.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair