George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Zanussi ZWG1400M washing machine, the fuse blew mid

I have a Zanussi ZWG1400M washing machine, the fuse blew mid cycle. Plug had corroded, plug changed, fuse changed again now appliance will not run cycle. Is there any way to reset its memory. Doesn't actually show a fault code! Has numbers appear, has delay on it, again unable to start this or stop it.
Hello, my name is George..
Turn off the Delay.. Then attempt to start the appliance.. Let me know exactly what happens, both lights and sounds.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The delay will not turn off even after turning off and on again. There are lights but no fault code.
What lights are lit... Also, are the static or flashing
Can you also tell me the PNC from the label inside the door opening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When turn to a wash setting just static lights which looks like 3. 0. If press start button, lights flash but unable to work out what they are.
PNC No###-##-####
When you press start, does the door lock?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Does water enter the appliance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Does the drain pump start running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing happens apart from beeping and flashing lights then after a few seconds it stops
Is there any water in the appliance at the moment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No we managed to drain through filter as it was part way through a cycle
Was there any debris in the filter when you drained it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing apart from a toothpick! Filter is cleaned on a regular basis. I think the reason the fuse blew was the plug which had somehow got moisture in and corroded.
Could the number you are seeing actually be an 'F0'?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What other number is ***** the number i gave was prod no, was that not the correct number?
My apologies, I meant "When turn to a wash setting just static lights which looks like 3. 0.", could that be F 0?
The reason I ask is that this would indicate a fault with the drain pump.. which is the reason I asked if you found anything that could have been jamming the pump..
The phases during starting of the appliance include pumping out using the drain pump.. but if the drain pump is not working then the appliance will not start.
Try putting some water into the drum of the appliance using a pan, then turning on the appliance to see if the pump operates...
Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's not F0. The number changes for each separate wash setting.
Ok, then the number you are seeing is the length of the program chosen.. and if it changes as you turn the dial that is a good sign.
Try putting some water into the drum of the appliance using a pan, then turning on the appliance , shutting the door, and pressing start to see if the pump empties the water that you have just put in...
Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Water is not draining. When press start it beeps then shows a flashing C8 and number 4
I have no idea what the C8 means, or the number 4, but the fact that the water pump is not working is an issue.
Try again...
Turn the dial to the OFF position (12 O'clock)
Turn the dial to the DRAIN position (5 O'clock)
Press start
Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can hear the door lock. After few seconds it beeps several times and flashes with C8. Above the 8 it says SPIN. Nothing else happens no draining occurs.
Do you have a multimeter to check that power is being supplied to the pump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I haven't got one.
All indications are that you have either a faulty pcb that is not supplying power to the pump, or that you have (more common) a faulty pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is a pub?
A PCB is the electronic board that supplies power to the pump and other parts of the appliance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you for your help.
You're very welcome