Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a built in integrated fridge freezer - type siemens

I have a built in integrated fridge freezer - type siemens K187SAF30G
The fridge door appears to have dropped and now catches on the top of the freezer door when fully opened - presumably because of the weight of goods stored in the door (milk etc)
How do |I adjust the fridge door to avoid it catching on the freezer door
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - give me about 15 minutes and I'll be right back and we can have a look. In the meantime could you give me the full ENr which will include an / followed by two numbers. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find this number
Usually in the refrigerator on the left hand side on a stuck on label or if not there behind the salad draw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K187SAF30G/01
First thing to do is to take off the decor panel as it is usually wear on the hinges caused by both the weight of the decor panel and the product that is loaded in the door. As such there is little adjustment in the door but before you take off the decor door make sure that both the top and bottom hinge on the fridge have not slipped on the hinge slide.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can the hinges be adjusted after the décor panel is removed ??
You can try by all means but in my 30 years in the game I have had limited success doing that and you usually end up having to replace the hinges in the end. As I say, check that they haven't slipped or that the screws aren't slightly loose first.