George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Beko Gnev320aps American fridge freezer. I have

Hi I have a Beko Gnev320aps American fridge freezer. I have been away over Christmas to come back and find its not working.i have the back off and on initial plug in all starts working but cooling fan on the right just twitches and doesn't spin.after about 10 seconds it all stops.after a further 5 mins or so it will try to start ,still no fan and then clicks off. It doesn't click on first run but does thereafter.compressor very hot .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has tried to run a couple of more times and clicked off on both occasions .i have just spun fan with my finger and it is continuing to spin.not very fast and compressor still clicking on and off every few minutes.
The fan needs to run unrestricted.. so replacement of the fan might be the best way forward...
The fan creates airflow through the condenser to cool the system but if the heat cannot be dispersed because the fan is running slow or not at all then the compressor will start to run hot and shut down to protect itself.
I did send you the additional service request so that you could get a live phone call but there has been no response to that so far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pipe at front right of compressor gets hot when it runs.should the fan run constantly.regards tony
The pipe at the front right of the compressor should run hot as that is the high pressure side of the system
The fan should run constantly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George-allsorts.
You are very welcome... Change the fan and hopefully all should be well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning George all sorts got new fan on. left fridge off last night so compressor could cool. Switched on fan all good but still compressor is clicking on and off.i have ta***** ***** cover off the end of the compressor and it's the small black box inside that is clicking .compressor comes on for about 12 seconds and then cuts off for about 3 minutes.i have left on for 20 mins and compressor is hot.
You need a new compressor... The piston in the compressor has seized.
The relay is supplying power to the windings to start the piston but cannot so it trips the thermal overload.
regards
Hi Tony, do you require any further assistance on this?
Part numbers etc..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George I've been told it's quite expensive to replace.a chap local to me said he has a tool that will run the compressor and give it a boost to release it he's not back at work till Tuesday so I probably buy a new one tomorrow.thanks for your help anyway.
Tony
Ok Tony.. If you need any further help though, by all means give me a call.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
regards