Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Maytag fridge freezer model GC2229GEHB/10. The inlet water

Maytag fridge freezer model GC2229GEHB/10. The inlet water hose which feeds the ice maker and filtered water has a leak and I need to replace it. I am told by three parts people in UK model is obsolete. What alternative hose will I be able to fit? The conection to my fridge is by a metal coupling the hoses on the sites appear to have a plastic push in and seal type of connection.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries- give me a couple hours and I will come back to you there is a repair kit that you can use - it includes push fit connectors that can be used on either copper or plastic. All you have to do is cut out the leaking piece and replace with the kit.
How long is the split in the hose?
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian,
Thanks, ***** ***** just a small tear about 1cm. It is a flexible hose, like a washing machine one but I think 12mm, so not copper or plastic. Would the repair kit you refer to work on that? I assume therefore that given that the parts people say my fridge/freezer is obsolete that none of the hoses for the present appliances would fit? Doug
Ah sorry, I see what you mean, I though you were referring to the water supply pipes to the chilled water and ice maker but you are referring to the water supply pipe from your cold water tap to the outside back of the appliance - is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes Ian you are correct but it does feed the water and ice functions, it is the only supply.
Yes that is fine I understand where we are now - sorry when you were talking about the push fit connectors I assumed you were referring to the 6mm pipes that are the other side of the inlet valve that supply both chilled water and water to the ice maker. Give me a moment and I'll come back to you.
OK Doug can you let me have your phone number preceded by a # ***** #1234 etc and I will call you back, I need to talk you through various options to solve the problem - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
#7703132344
Hopefully that will resolve your issue, if not come back to me. Regards ***** *****