George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Siemans IQ 100 dishwasher and it is showing a tap

Customer Question

I have a Siemans IQ 100 dishwasher and it is showing a tap sign on the display, I have cleaned out all of the filter and water outlet? It starts a cycle and then finishes early displaying 00:00
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
What is the E-nr of the appliance; this can be found etched into the metal at the top of the door.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The E-nr number is *****
The tap is instructing you that there is an obstruction to the appliance getting water..
The fault could be one of a few thing and I'll list some below for you to check:
Supply tap turned off
Mains Water supply interrupted
Aqua-stop Supply hose kinked
Water filter in the end of the Aqua-stop supply hose blocked
Failure of the Aqua-stop supply hose
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would the aqua-stop supply hose located
The Aqua-stop supply hose is the main inlet hose behind the appliance that is attached to your water supply.
If you turn off the water supply using the tap on the pipe, then unscrew the Aqua-stop, there is usually a filter in the end of it that can become blocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red filter in that pipe has been checked and is clear
Then you will need to investigate the condition of the inlet valve and the flow meter which are located behind the left hand side panel.