George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a broken catch and ordered a new one but need to get

We have a broken catch and ordered a new one but need to get the latch out as I think he loose broken bit of the old catch is in there. Undone screw but latch won't pop out. It's a Hoover vhc381.
Joy
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Joy, my name is George..
Once you have undone the screws for the latch you need to slide it forward and then it will fold out towards you
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can't close the door. We need to get the latch out and this is what we can't do.
Can you phone me on my works number so I can explain 07787 182156
I do hope those images and directions help you get it done.. Please feel free to call me again if you need further direction.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that helped us move the catch across but now the door won't shut again properly as I think the part is broken. Another problem! Thank you for your help.
The part number for the replacement part to fix the broken door lock is 09201068
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The spare part we found on e spares is ES669068, will this work?http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es669068/tumble-dryer-door-lock-assembly
Yes, that is the same part but with Espares part number instead of the manufacturers part number
However, here is the same part at a much cheaper price:
Candy Hoover Teka Door Interlock - 09201068
I am only paid by the company for my assistance on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
regards