KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Neff Microwave has failed.It no longer heats anything.Neff

Customer Question

Neff Microwave has failed.
It no longer heats anything.
Neff C57M 70N0 GB/03.
It has a conventional oven function, which appears to be fine.
When using Microwave:
1) set 1000W, 60sec, Start: Unit shuts off after 20sec. No heating.
2) set 90W, 60sec, Start: It completes the cycle. No heating.
The main fan runs. No error messages.
It might be my imagination: Is there a second fan associated with the Microwave? If so, I think this fan does not start.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes - please continue to try to find an answer.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... the problem seems to be with the HV capacitor or the magnetron itself that is bad and will need replacement...the cost of repair will be around £135 including labor.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kevin, thanks for this info.
I'll hold off on rating for a bit, as I am researching the fix, and may need to ask further details.
I can see the magnetron and inverter assembly are available on ebay, and there are a few suggestions around for determining if the magnatron is broken.
OK, however I won't recommend a DIY repair with Microwave as these units have HV even when turned off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood, and thanks.
You're welcome... let me know how it goes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - it was the magnetron.
It passed the simple open and shorts test with a multimeter.
I googled the partnumber of the inverter and found a Panasonic manual that provided some simple tests that suggested that everything except the magnetron was working correctly. So I change the magnetron, and it's fine. Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Glad it worked for you...Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.... Good Evening