Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

WE HAVE A BOSCH KGV 33 V 603 fridge freezer and it seems to

WE HAVE A BOSCH KGV 33 V 603 fridge freezer and it seems to be not as effective in chilling as it was. Still seems to be working but not chilling as slow and certainly slower than it used to. Occurred over last 2 weeks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you feel all over the back wall inside the fridge does it seem to be cold in the bottom half of the back wall or is it just the top part that's cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,
No real difference from top to bottom.
If anything sides at the front seem slightly cooler but not really cold.
Freezer below still freezing but not as quick.
Also used to make quite a noise when firing up, now very quiet.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that. How is what they call a static fridge freezer ie not frost free. So there's only a thermostat and the sealed system that can fail on there.
Given that there is cooling in there then it won't be the thermostat. I'm afraid this is going to be a fault on the system side which is more then likely a poor pumping compressor as they can go weak over time and doesn't pump the gas around fully and you end up with a fault like this.
Now for this it will need a fridge engineer in as this isn't a diy fix as it will need to be regassed once repaired. But this is also not a cheap fix as a compressor fitted is around the £250-300 mark.
Sorry it's not good news here. But keep an eye on this as you will find it will start to get worse sooner rather then later I'm afraid.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.