Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have the vra 640 c indesit touch control hob. When

Hello, I have the vra 640 c indesit touch control hob. When I switch it on it flashes 3 and then F above the temperature gauges. I am not able to use any functions so I am guessing this is an error. Anything a rookie like me could do to fix this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
F3 error code is a touch control board fault on this.
What you can try if you haven't already is give the touch buttons a good wipe with a dry cloth.
Then turn the power off and leave it off for about 30 mins as this lets the componments on the board discharge themselves.
Then turn it back on and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that clears it.
But if after all that its still the same then the control board is the issue. Now this will need to be replaced by Indesit themselves as the boards come blank so has to be programmed by there laptop. So price for this you are looking at £110 fixed price repair from there.
Its the way they do there boards as its a bit of a con as they sell them blank but it has to be programmed by them on there laptop.
But try the above first and see if that cures it. If not then the control board itself is the fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for the response but this is something that we have already tried as it was mentioned on a previous thread (can't remember if the thread was on this site or another).Thanks anyway.