Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have had a Hotpoint Aquarius 6kg washing machine since 2009

I have had a Hotpoint Aquarius 6kg washing machine since 2009 approx., over the last few months the softner drawer has not been draining the softner into the clothes even though I have made sure it is cleaned on a regular basis, any suggestions why?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Is it leaving all the softner in the drawer or is it just water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its the softner
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's great thanks.
What you need to do on this is remove the drawer from the washer and then were the softner section is look at the roof above it inside the dispenser unit.
There you will see a couple of holes. You need to give this a good clean out and then get something like strimmer wire and push it into the holes in the roof and push it down the water channels as this will clean the channels in there and hopefully allow the water to travel down the correct channel and into the softner section.
Then retry it and fingers crossed this cures it. But if it doesn't then the dispenser top will need to be replaced. If this is the casse then post the model number and I can get the part number and tell you how to do it.
But 8 times out of 10 the strimmer wire pushed into the dispenser roof will cure this from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Daniel, thanks for that we will have a go and see what happens.Regards