Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Vario Drawer Logixx Dishwasher which now refuses to work. It goes through all th

We have a Vario Drawer Logixx Dishwasher which now refuses to work. It goes through all the sensor tests and prepares itself to start but then jumps to an "END" sign and goes nor further. The check water slight come son and I have checked the input pipe and cleaned the drain filter ....
What now oh wise one?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full ENr please, it is lazer etched into the top of the inner stainless steel door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SMS69L02UK/15
OK first things first, can you tip it back to 45 degrees and advise if any water comes out of the base area - secondly can you confirm that you have a Torx 20 screwdriver? Further work if needed will require this screwdriver to take the side and front panels off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have done the 45 degrees and I do have such a screwdriver
OK did any water come out of the back or did you hear any slopping around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is water in the bottom of the machine and I have tried to clean out any debris.
OK power off and get in there with a towel until it is all dry. then leave it overnight and try it again tomorrow. Come back to me when you have tried it and I'll explain what is happening - I am assuming you mean water in the base, not water in the sump where the filters are - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, water is in the sump where I have cleaned out the filters
Ah - OK we need to check if you have water in the base of the appliance where thee motor is located. When you are available we can go to the next stage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK let's go for it
I need you to remove the top (there is a clip to the left and one to the right at the rear that you push up and then pull back) it is not easy, then with a Torx 20 undo the two screws (sometimes three that hold the right hand side panel (from the front looking backwards) and remove this out of the way. I also need you to disconnect the aquastop from the water supply and disconnect the electric.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are dead right. Getting the top off is not easy. Any tips?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the right hand side pane off, the electric and water disconnected but still have the top on.
OK you can now look into the base where the motor is located is there any sign of water or water stains?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no water or any stains
OK next check, leave the side panel off for the moment, plug back in to the electric and put it on a prewash (dont need the water connecting at this point) a few second after start up can you hear the drain pump working or a dull hum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dull hum with two hiccups.
Reading shows E:25 Check Water
OK can you pour a kettle of hot water into the sump (ie below the filters) leave it for about 5 minutes and then start the prewash - I need to know if it pumps the hot water down the drain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, no water evacuated
OK can you see where the pump is, its will be connected to the grey corrigated pipe if you follow it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
OK bare in mind that the water in the sump is hot - I need you to take off the pump catching any hot water and then see if there is anything stopping it spinning ie a piece of glass, coctail stick or poultry bone. When you have done this let the pump hang on its power wires but make sure they are unable to electrocute you or are touching the casing switch on the appliance (prewash) and tell me if the pump impeller is spinning fast?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There really is not enough room to get to the pump to remove it from below. Can it be done from above by unscrewing the filter casing?
If you take the panel off under the door you should be able to get at it - no not take the sump out or you will have massive problems with leaks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian but I think that I have got to the limit of my comfort zone. Let's call it a day. Thank you very much you have been brilliant.
OK could you now kindly rate the informations given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This allows me to close down the job on the system. Thanks for using JA and have a great day.