Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens D12-52 machine and display is completely empty

Customer Question

I have a Siemens D12-52 machine and display is completely empty and I cannot run any program
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
When you say the display is empty is the lighting up ok still but with no program times or settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes correct, it lights up but no text on the display and I cannot progress anything from then on
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok not sure if you have tried this but if not then unplug the washer and leave it off for 20 minutes as this allows the componments on the board to discharge themselves.
Then turn it back on again and see what happens. If its still the same then im afraid to say this is going to be the main control board at fault. As it will be a fault with the lcd screen and this comes as part of the control board. So in this case the control board itself will need to be replaced here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only tried to off the machine for a few minutes. I will now try, as you say, turn it off for 20 minutes. If that does not work I will contact Siemens. I thought perhaps there was a fuse I could replace or something similar
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries try that and see what happens as a longer time unplugged can sometimes clear it.
As the screen is lit up then it wont be the fuse anyway as this will cause no power at all. its more then likely the lcd display at fault if unplugging it doesn't cure.
If its still under warrenty or you have insurance then contact Siemens and they will sort it.
But if not then may be worth trying a local engineer to you as local companys tend to be a lot cheaper then the manufactories.