Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AEG OKI sensor logic 50750 V2. Fixed pump problems

Customer Question

I have an AEG OKI sensor logic 50750 V2.
Fixed pump problems many times along with leaks etc, by tilting machine, and rep,acing leaking hose etc.
However latest problem is machine runs through all of cycle but will not drain at end. Opened door and water still in bottom. To drain this I lifted the float switch and it drains fine, just not at the end of a normal cycle?
Reconnected all connections onto motherboard.
Removed and Tapped relay in bottom front corner, also removed connections , however broke the connection divider so not totally sure I reconnected the three connections correctly. Brown at top OK, but is it blue set in middle, and green/red in bottom? Anyone have a picture?
Anyway I don't think is causing pump not to work at end of cycle...ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the full product code (not the model number) or pnc which is on the rating label. Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Ian,
Sorry for delay.PNC 911 234 548 02
OK for the moment ignore the float, what we need to establish - could you take a photo of the component that your are trying to reconnect, the Electrolux group don't do wiring diagrams only list which wire goes to which component and I am not sure I understand which one you are talking about.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry but best photo I could get of relay connections.. Brown and white to top, blue to middle and black plus green/red to bottom.
OK I will see if I can find the schematic and see if we can work it out from there - the plugs should only be able to be plugged into certain slots as they are keyed both sides of the moulding so where is the issue??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
As Indicated I accidentally broke the connector dividers on Sockets of the relay so it is possible I have connected them back incorrectly, either wrong order or wrong way round? However I don't think I did, and if I did connect correctly the real issue is that the water does not drain away at the end of any of the wash cycles. It is as if the machine is not recognising that it needs to pump away the water at the end of the cycle. However as I said the pump works fine because I can drain the water by lifting the float switch, so pump is OK?
OK let me explain the bit about the pump and hope you can make sense of it. If you get water in the base of the appliance it activates as you know the flood protection device which activates the pump. However, it is not pumping water out of the base as its only connected to the wash cavity sump. The pump running is an indication to the engineer that he has a flooded base. Now what you have been doing is making use of the flood protection float to activate the pump and pump water out of the sump. Not what it is designed to do but it works. The actual fault that you have is the electric coming down from the main pcb to the pump during its NORMAL operation. This for whatever reason is not happening. You therefore need to follow the wires back from the pump to the circuit board and see if you have power there.