Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have inherited an Aga in our new house. It was serviced last

Customer Question

I have inherited an Aga in our new house. It was serviced last Spring and was working when handed over but I cannot get the pilot light to ignite...the round button can be depressed but it will just not turn! I have yried and tried but to no avail...is there a safety mechanism which I need to disengage first? Thanks. Clive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , you shouldn't need to turn it unless you want the gas to cut off. Just press down , hold and light . Hold for a couple of mins then release slowly