Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have Kuppersbusch fridge/freezer model ike-458-5-4T. The

Customer Question

I have Kuppersbusch fridge/freezer model ike-458-5-4T. The fridge has stopped cooling. switched off for 24 hrs and switched on again . no difference. Fridge switches on but the pilot light does on turns on
What is the problem?
Please help.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - OK could you clarify a couple of points, a. You say that the fridge switches on, do you mean you switch it on or that you can hear noises when you switch it on? b. Please define pilot light do you mean that the internal lammp/bulb does not come on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I switch the Fridge and Freezer on from the main switch on the wall, the freezer starts as normal. Along with the internal on/off switch there is pilot light which also switches on and the freezer starts as normal. However with fridge, it does not turns on, the pilot light does not switches on. The internal two light bulbs switches on, but they are just for the light.. Unless the pilot light comes on, the fridge will not start cooling food.- and that seems to be the problem. You may fone on *********** if that helps. Thanks