Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an issue with my 5 year old Bosch Logixx 8 dryer. It goes 5 minutes,

Hi. I have an issue with my 5 year old Bosch Logixx 8 dryer. It goes for about 5 minutes, then switches off - the display goes completely blank ...
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number of the dryer please.
Also does it do this on all settings?
Have you tried it in a different plug socket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
The model number is ***** I have tried it on different settings, and it does the same thing - cuts out after about 5 minutes (the programme is still selected, but the display is completely blank). I will try it in a different socket now and report back ...Cheers,
Soph
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me again. I tried the same socket that the washing machine usually uses. Same thing. Went for 2 mins then cut out.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if its completely going off then you need to remove the top of the dryer and there at the back you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to. Check theres no signs of burning on there.
If that's fine then check the wiring blocks on the back of the control board which is just behind the plastic control panel.
If all that is fine and its still doing the same then im afraid its looking like the control unit is the fault here. As that's the only thing that can cause it do this. As if it was anything else the display will stay on but it will show error codes instead.
As its completely turning off then im afraid its looking like the control board is the fault here, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok - thanks for your help. I'll have to go out and buy a special screwdriver to take the top cover off as I don't have one of those star ones :-)