Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bekp cooker with double oven and the whole thing has

Customer Question

I have a Bekp cooker with double oven and the whole thing has stopped workinf there was an interrupption to the electricity supply and nothing works now when I switch on there is only a ticking noisw which appears to come from the LED display on the machine. Janet
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK could you let me have the model number and I will have a look at the specifications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number is ***** 667X
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian are you still online - Janet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to go to work soon please can you send response - Janet
OK when he checked the electric which end did he check, the wall end or the back of the cooker end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I had to go to work last night so this has hung over from yesterday the electrician checked the power socket and the front of the cooker. Janet
OK look let me explain, the power comes from the wall point to the back of the cooker where it then is feed to the front timer and knob area. The top oven and main oven, the top oven will work without the timer but the bottom one wont, So if you cant use either oven it is usually an electric supply problem. Equally the hotplates are not controlled through the timer either. This would lead me to think that your problem is at the connector block on the back of the oven which is where I would check first.
Do you require further assistance?