Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 and I have to replace the

Customer Question

I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 and I have to replace the control switch and Timer situated downstairs from the boiler which is in my loft. This is because the 'ON'/'continuous' slide switch on the Honeywell unit is not working properly. I have it set on 'Auto' to come on twice a day and also use the override button if I need heat during the day. However, I have noticed that if I run a bath of take a shower the heating comes on as well. This never used to happen before the switch started playing up. For domestic hot water in the kitchen and bathroom basin for washing and teeth cleaning all is OK.
Any ideas why this might be happening.
LJB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to get it clear in my mind that my problem is one that won't cost me a fortune. The boiler was installed only 2 years ago.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
The diverter valve is letting by and needs replacing. They cost around 80 pounds plus labour unless doing yourself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YourCustomerTechnician confirmed what I had suspected and my own heating installer who conducted the annual service, advised that the Vaillant boiler was still under the 5 year guarrentee. So he new diverter valve came FREE OF CHARGE.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , that's great. Would you please mind rating me , thanks