Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch dishwasher model number(###) ###-####8606)6301 gets stuck

Bosch dishwasher model number(###) ###-####8606)6301 gets stuck in the was mode and will not switch off.applying the reset mode will end the cycle.It will run in the rinse mode but not a wash cycle.Does it need a new programmer
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please as the number you posted isn't the model.
If you open the door and look at the top left hand side as you open it it will be etched into the door frame there and will start E-nr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SGV46M43GB90
FD88000887
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Got it now thanks.
As to the fault is it getting hot during the wash cycle or is it staying cold?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is getting hot but I must admit I am not sure of this point.
Rgds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just stuck my hand in the washer from the last run it is cold.my guess is it is not getting hot.Rgds
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok to be honest when you get this kind of fault were it sticks on wash but ok on the rinse cycle then its usually a heating fault.
Now theres 2 things that can cause this. Either a faulty heater itself or more then likely the control board itself.
What you can try first if you are able to is remove the wooden door panel and then remove the outer door and the plastic control panel and there you will see the control board.
Remove this and open the casing and inspect the board for any burn marks or dry joints. As sometimes the heater relay burns and if so if you have a soldering iron you can resolder it and this sometimes cure it.
If it looks ok then you need to remove the dishwasher from under the unit and remove the right hand side panel and then you can access the heater under there and test it with a multi meter if you have one. But if that's ok then the control board will be the fault here and will need to be replaced.
So check that and see what you find. As for this kind of fault then 8 times out of 10 its the main control board that causes this fault here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok starts to get complicated. Will run a test wash again to check on the heating cycle before going any further. Thanks for your help.