Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

BA 140 During wash cycle earth leakage occurs and causes mains

BA 140 During wash cycle earth leakage occurs and causes mains supply to trip, reset trip and cycle continues ok.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - good morning, would you kindly do a couple of tests for me to allow me to have a better idea of what is happening. Once you are available ping me on here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian I am ready to do tests
OK firstly put it on spin and tell me if it goes through the spin without tripping the electric?
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian Yes the spin action is good and no tripping, sorry for the delay. Is there another test to do. Vic.
Yes, now can you put it on a hot wash and tell me if it trips ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, I have done three wash tests with no tripping. The fault is intermittent. on the fourth wash it tripped about half way through the cycle. when trip reset the cycle continued to the end without fault. It is going to be difficult to diagnose just what component is causing the earth leakage. what is your best guess?
OK this is my best guess and for the following reasons. The motor is under maximum load during spin so it would trip out whilst in that phase - that why I asked you to do a rinse and spin.
The other major thing that would cause the problem and can be intermittent is the heater, thats why I asked you to check it on a hot wash and as you say it tripped a couple of times.
The only other thing that sometimes causes this is a leak into/on top of the motor. I would take of the back and check for leaks and if you cant find any change the heater as its not too expensive. Come back to me if you need further help. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information given sofar, once done you can log on and we can continue at no extra cost to you. Thank You for using JA and speak to you later. Ian