Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I came home from holiday yesterday to find water had come through

I came home from holiday yesterday to find water had come through my ceiling from the flat above.The fire brigade had been inside and turned off the electricity at 20.46 sunday 3rd jan.I phoned my electrician and came around at approx 15.00 monday 4th jan.when he got my power back the freezer started beeping.It is now 10.45 tuesday 5th jan and it is still beeping.Can you tell me why it is still beeping ? and how to stop this ? I tried your phone line several times but kept being cut off. Please help ! Hot point freezer model FZS175. My phone number is ***** 244705 Mr.***** *****. Many thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The reason the freezer is beeping is because its telling you its had a power cut so the temperature may have raised in there.
To reset this and stop the beeping you need to open the door and you will see the thermostat dial at the top.
Turn this to off and leave it about 5 seconds.
Then turn it back on again and that's its its reset from there and the beeping should stop.
Try that and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that has worked thank you.I could not find the instructions... Cheers !
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Glad to hear that sorted it. If it ever happens again at least you know how to reset it now.
If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.