Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Experiencing problem with RDJ10RF stat. Stat in hall (coolest

Customer Question

Experiencing problem with RDJ10RF stat. Stat in hall (coolest area) when it gets to set temp the entire system shuts as expected. Unfortunately it takes at least 90 minutes before it shows lower temp and brings heat back on. Radiators are now cold as well as the rooms.
Have tried lowering flow, rad settings etc. system takes quite some time to regain room temperature.
I had boiler and some rads renewed some time ago and am not used to having a thermostat.
Hoping you can assist.
George Cockburn email ***@******.***
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your T-stat?Thanks for the model # ***** need that as well but I also need the manufacturer make?May I have the MAKE?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I have been waiting since 1pm watching 1first screen.
Detail asked. T S was fitted with boiler in February this year.
Make is siemens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cannot get through to you ?.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am here trying to send you a message
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
One min please.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, remove the batteries and install them backwards for 2 full minutes, then remove those batteries and replace them with brand new KNOW good ones. Let me know how that goes?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as instructed and have set at 22.5, actual is showing 23.5c
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Unfortunately that problem is a failed Thermostat;-(That one needs to be replaced. You can replace it with the same brand or you can pick up a different one at most home improvement and hardware stores. I wish I had better news for you I really do.But most wireless ones will work with this model unit;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michel, I have contacted Siemens as this unit should be still in its warrant. Will contact you tomorrow. Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Geo, awesome! Please don't forget to rate my service, you wont lose me but its the only way I am credited for my time with you today.Thanks and have a great day Geo.Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Contact with Siemens has strongly denied that their is anything wrong with their TS He has requested that I carry out a parallel thermometer record of temperature during today.
He is pointing out that modern houses are well insulated and the retention of heat will be a result. Will let you know my result.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds Good Geo, I await your reply;-) I know these devices very well.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael