Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a AEG L12710 VIT washer dryer that has not been

Hi, I have a AEG L12710 VIT washer dryer that has not been drying for more than 12 months. When off the top and back to clear out the filters I believe I have discovered why it is not working. I have found for plugs not plugged in but a there are 5 places for these to go... Any ideas which order these will go in? Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Were abouts are these wires?
Can you post a picture on here of them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I've added 2 pictures. They were originally just tucked under. But don't want to plug in wrong and potentially cause a fire
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Got it now thanks.
That's the dryer heater that's been disconnected. To be honest if that's been disconnected then its usually for a reason. As these heaters fail to earth and it stops the washer from working. So if you disconnect the heater it will allow the washer side to work but not the dryer.
So I think if you connect it back up you may find the washer wont work. It will try and start for a few seconds and then stops with the start light flashing.
But to connect it back up you will see the 4 wires and the 4 tag. They are wired it basically in the order they are now.
So if when connected the washer stops working then just remove the wires again and at least you can use the washer again. But to use the dryer again you will need to replace the dryer element in there and that will cure it.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'll give that a go. Like you say if it stops working I can unplug them again so the washer works.