Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My fridge is leaking water from one bottom corner. The temperature

Customer Question

my fridge is leaking water from one bottom corner.
The temperature inside remains at 4C,
It is a tall fridge -approx 173 by 53 cm, and about 5 years old.
Mr Steiner
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the make and model number of the fridge please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I regret that I do not have this information.
My wife made the initial transaction. She sadly died about 4 years ago and i have already been unable to locate the information.
The fridge is fitted into a compartment and I am not able to shift it to look at the back and sides for the information.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If you look inside the fridge at the bottom behind the salad box theres usually a rating plate on there with the details on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a problem accessing the information. I am an octogenarian with a dodgy an mobility problems. I live on my own.
All I can read is LAMONA (I think) and a serial number(###) ###-####Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok no worries. If its an Lamona then its a Howdens branded fridge.
If its leaking water then its usually just a blocked drain hole that causes this.
To clear this you need to empty the bottom half of the fridge completey and from there look at the back towards the bottom and you will see the drain gutter. In the middle of it is a drain hole. You need to poke something into there and push it as far down as you can and this should clear the blockage in there. Pore some water in there to make sure its draining away.
Then that's it job done. For just a fridge only to leak nearly always its the drain hole at the back inside the fridge that's blocked as this stops the defrost water running away so it just leaks onto the floor in there and then out onto the kitchen units.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Most reassuring!
My dodgy back does not allow me to bend sufficiently to follow your instructions.
I will ask my daughter to help tomorrow.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes Dan is correct on this, one. I can not call the UK at this time the circuits are down for some reason for over seas. I will let CS knwo so they can credit you for this unless you can wait until this afternoon which is about 6 hours from now?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel T gave me all the advice by e mail that I needed.
I did request a phone call, but when it was not forthcoming, I continued my conversation by e mail with a satisfactory conclusion.
I was told that I would not be charged 13 pounds. I do not need to speak to anyone on the phone as the
advice by e mail has resolved the problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome glad we could help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you kindly confirm that I will not be charged the extra 13 pounds as no phone call took place.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes I will let Customer Service knwo about that;-) Thank you and have a great day! Tech Michael