Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Where is the filter on my Hotpoint WMD940 Ultima? I think it

Customer Question

Where is the filter on my Hotpoint WMD940 Ultima? I think it may be blocked as the water will not empty out.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Theres 2 version of this model and both have different filters.
First remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and see if the filter is in the bottom right corner.
If you have a red disc there then you have the rear sump filter.
For this you need to pull the washer out and remove the back cover. There you will see a black hose going from the drum to the pump.
Remove the hose from the drum end and you will see the filter cup in there.
Give this a good clean out. You may see a ping pong ball in there. Don't worry about that as that's ment to be there.
Also if you can remove the pump which you will see and check theres nothing blocking up in there.
So check them and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, I'll give it a go and see what I can find in there. (Its the rear filter type)
Regards,
Steve
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries. Had a feeling it would be the rear filter. Its never the easy one ha ha