Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

2 of the 3 studs in the door of my rangemaster fridge freezer

2 of the 3 studs in the door of my rangemaster fridge freezer have pulled out of the door - how can I fix this
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you kindly post me a picture or explain further - the attached link only shows two mounting bolts in total -
http://www.rangemaster.co.uk/media/998946/u110221-02-refrigerator-sxs663-17-04-13-.pdf
-- page 15 refers.
Or are we referring to the mounting studs already on the door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to the mounting studs already in the door - I am out if the house at present and will send a picture later
OK thats great - thank You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Images of the fridge/freezer and the door studs
OK what are the treads like on the actual stud itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they look fine - no sign of any burring
OK - if you can leave it with me until I get into work tomorrow we have a kit that allows you to put a threaded nut inside the door from the outside and then you can screw the studs back on and refit the handle. Your only other option is a replacement door. Just for the life of me can't remember what the system is called.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
OK the kit that your require which covers bolts from 3 to 6mm is the --
Sealey Threaded Nut Riveter Part Number AK933 or if you Google 'Clinchnut kits' it will give you other options. Its straight forward to use, you drill out the existing damaged piece place the new Clinchnut in place and crimp it tight with the supplied tool. If I were you I would go and look at them first and see if it suits your problem. We use them when we have problems with threads but equally you could try Locktite threadlock first and see if that works or as we have also used Araldite letting the adhesive go off with the studs in place before fitting the handle. Whichever you try its going to be cheaper than nearly £200 for a replacement door.
Would you now kindly rate the advice given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions on this information request are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and come back to me if you need further help - Have a great day - Ian