Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Electrolux dishwasher is stuck on pumping water out and

Customer Question

My Electrolux dishwasher is stuck on pumping water out and has to be switched off at the mains. What to do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If its pumping out all the time then its down to water in the base. Water will have leaked in there and activated the flood switch which then keeps the pump running all the time.
For this you need to either remove the outer door panel and then the wooden kickboard at the bottom of the kitchen.
From there you will see a metal cover. Remove this and from there. you will see the water in the base. You need to use a cloth or sponge and soak the water up from there. Once the water is cleared the flood switch will reset itself and stop the pump running.
Or another way if you don't want to go removing panels or its not a built in appliance then pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards and the water will drain from the base and again reset the flood switch.
Then retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed its a one off that caused this. But if it happens again then you have a leak under there which you need to find and fix to cure the fault.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked, many thanks!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one, Glad to hear that sorted it and thanks for letting me know.