Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There, I have a chest freezer which appears to be leaking

Hi there, I have a chest freezer which appears to be leaking blue liquid from the lid and the blue warning light is on. Any ideas as its not in the manual. Many thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the manufacturer and model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OF 1A 250 UK###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iNDESIT chest freezer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is***@******.*** as I am not sure it filled in when I wrote in my details. Thanks
You should not be getting any escape of any liquid from inside the lid, its supposed to be sealed. it sounds like for whatever reason you have got moisture between the metal lid and insulation which is causing the lid to corrode. You really have only two options, either replace the lid or find some way of driving out the moisture and then sealing the lid with sealant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great. Many thanks. I will take a look. Much appreciated
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once rated all further questions are free. Thank You for using JA and have a great day,.