Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens Dishwasher iq100 and the water light comes

I have a Siemens Dishwasher iq100 and the water light comes on and the water won't drain from the bottom. I have cleaned the water out and then reset which worked for a week and then the problem has started again. This time it doesn't clear even when reset. Do you know what might be causing this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please.
If you open the door it will be on the top left corner as you open it and is faintly etched into the door and it start E-nr.
Also has it stopped full of water again?
If you try and reset it and drain the water out do you hear a humming noise from it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SI5B1S
SE6N250CB/11
It has stopped full of water again. Once I drain the water out the dishwasher starts as though normal and then stops full of water with a humming noise that sounds like the pump trying to drain.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so when you say it starts as normal is it filling with water and spraying the water around?
If so does it still heat the water and then just stop full of water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. That is what happens
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok what you need to do first is check the drain hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink then remove it from there and remove the spigot it pushes onto and check theres no blockage in there as well.
If that's all clear then you need to pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back and remove the bottom base panel. As this model looks like it has the removable base.
With the base off you will see the pump. Remove this and check theres nothing blocked up in there.
Once all that's clear retry it and fingers crossed this cures it from there for you.
Let me know how it goes.