Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have found a lot of ice covering the drawers of my freezer,

Customer Question

I have found a lot of ice covering the drawers of my freezer, is this normal or is it fixable? Is there something I can do? Please can you help in this matter? Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the appliance please.
Also is all the ice down the front of the drawers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is ***** 1810, there is also two other numbers which are: S/N###-##-####and ***********
The ice is down the front of the drawers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing more to add
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have turned the temperature down a little as that is all I could think of doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ice is down the front of the drawers and on the top of them, and well as forming very small drops on the edges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I be getting a response to what I am writing, or do I have to wait for some time to get the response, as I have just paid £20 for your help, as yet all I have been getting is you can write more here, when I have nothing more to write. Please give a response to this small question. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long do I have to wait to get the response I need, as I have nothing more to add to my question. I can only wait another three minutes then I have work to do. If I get no response do I get my £20 back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to terminate this discussion, as I have to get some other work done. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
By the time you had got back to me with the model number I had just nipped out for 20 mins.
Do you still want to carry this on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model number is: FUFL 1810 There are two other numbers which I am not sure about, they are:
S/N###-##-####AND ***********
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for that. When you start to get ice and frost all over the baskets this is usually down to lack of airflow around the freezer. Soon it will also effect the fridge and will start to go noisy. What you need to do is empty the freezer and fro there remove the back panel that's held in with a few screws. Then from there you need to disconnect the fan motor wiring in the top left corner. Then you need to melt all the ice in that panel. Pore hot water into the fan and melt the ice around there. Then you can remove fan by undoing the 4 screws.With the fan out fully melt all the ice in there and from around the fan and then refit it. Now retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that sorts it from there. Bu if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty it and unplug the fridge freezer and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours. This will allow the ice to melt itself from there. Then retry it and again that should cure the fault from there. Let me know how it goes. Regards
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, I will try the second option of emptying the freezer turning the appliance off for 24 hours. Once again thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done the second option and everything is working okay now, so I will remember to do that in the future. Thank you for your help. John Levy.