Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Maytag range cooker, model no SOV110RC, bought

Customer Question

Hi. we have a Maytag range cooker, model no SOV110RC, bought 8 years ago, which we understand was actually made by Rangemaster. We have recently had an issue with the fan oven, as the bearings were going on the fan motor. The fan was replaced, and was working, but the first time the oven reached temperature it tripped out our electrics, which happened a second time. the third time the fan blew. We have been told that there must be an issue with the oven wiring, and that as the model is no longer made that it needs to be written off as the wiring cant be replaced. We find this hard to believe as there was no issue with the wiring before the new fan was fitted, and the wiring itself is not a loom as such simply a series of leads with spade terminals either end Could I have your view on this, as we believe that the new fan motor must have been incorrectly fitted, or was faulty in the first place. Thanks P Smith
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mr. Smith, and thanks for your Question.I will tell you the most likely cause of the problem and you are correct. There was no initial wiring defects.The problem was the 1st technician. He wired the part of the circuit that cuts off to become a dead short circuit. That blew the board, and likely caused motor damage as well.I wish I had better news for you on this but I have been servicing kitchen appliances for over 30 year now with my hobby also in electronics for at least as long lol.If the service tech was authorized by Maytag, then they owe you a successful repair or replacement unit similar in value.There is no two ways about this one. You can show this to them if you need. as I am a Certified expert in this field and can back all this information up credibly.I wish I cound do more, really, but In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael, many thanks for your quick response, really useful. So I take it from this that a repair is possible, and that the 'faulty wiring' advised by the service engineer (sight unseen, he advised this subsequent to the initial repair, over the phone ) is a smokescreen
Paul
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Paul, Anytime, thats what I'm here for;-)You got it correct, smokescreen lol;-)Best of luck with them I'm sure it will all turn out fine ;-)Tech Michael