Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a SMEG cooker - double oven SUK92MX8 - the main oven will not come on and the clock

I have a SMEG cooker - double oven SUK92MX8 - the main oven will not come on and the clock is not on. The small oven works fine so it is definitely not an issue with the supply. There has been no "bang". Oven was working earlier in the day as was the clock.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If theres no power to the clock then the main oven wont work.
What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
From there on the back you will find a small thermal cut out thermostat. It will have 2 wires going to it and is about the size of a 10p.
Check this for continuity as I think you may find this as failed. As if it has you get this fault as the power isn't going to the clock and stops it from working.
If its faulty then you need to replace it and im sure that will cure the fault from there.
Check that and see what you find and let me know as from what you say this is looking like the thermal cut out has failed in there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,There are 3 (three) thermal cut out's on the back. I tested all 3 and found that the 70c was not giving continuity. I have ordered a new one. It will be delivered tomorrow. I will fit it and let you know the result.ThanksKevin
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok fingers crossed that's sorted it. You can make sure its just that by passing the thermostat. Join the 2 wires together if you know how and to do that and then turn it on and see if the timer comes back on. If so then you know its just that. But I wouldn't recommend using the oven like that as like that theres no safety cut out now.