Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My freezer is dropping water from underneath

Customer Question

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also if you remove the bottom basket inside the freezer is the floor covered in ice there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay
Model number is *****
There is no ice on the bottom of the freezer but one shelf above where there is a shelf, there is a build up of ice there
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
Theres only 2 places were it can leak from and that's at the back were the defrost drain channel goes to or inside the freezer due to a blocked defrost drain hole inside the freezer.
What you need to do on this is look at the back of the freezer at the bottom you will see the drip tray on the top of the compressor. Check this is fitted on there still and the drain tube is going into there.
If that's fine then it must be from the drain channel in the freezer itself.
What you need to do for this is a fully defrost of the freezer. Empty the freezer fully and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the defrost drain channel to melt the ice in there.
As you may have food in there then you may need to run your freezer food down and then do the defrost and this should cure the fault from there.
Try that if you can and see how it goes and let me know.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open.
Do you still need help on this?
If not if you could rate the answer that would be great.