George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I got my new beko wm74145w delivered today.after one load

I got my new beko wm74145w delivered today.after one load the drum has stopped working, it just puts water in and takes it out. You can hear it spinning and turning through the cycles but drum doesnt turn. What could be the problem.only had it 7 hrs
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
The problem is likely that the belt has come off the pulley at the rear.
Can you confirm that the the transit bolts were removed from the rear of the appliance before use.
Do not do too much investigation that is above the norm as you will invalidate your warranty.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
I am only paid by the company for my assistance on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes all 4 bolts were removed and plastic covers supplied placed over the holes
Can you remove the back cover to check that the belt is in place, or even confirm that it is not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will this not invalidate my care plan which was taken out when bought?
So long as you do no work on the appliance, no... You are at this point purely investigating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just taken the cover of and the belt has come of
Just get hold of the pulley and see if you can waggle it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i move the bottom half the it moves the drum but not enough leigh way to get the belt back on
The point was to see if there is a fault with the pulley not being corrected properly..
To replace the belt to the pulley, place the belt over the pulley on the motor; whilst doing this, start to wind the belt around the drum pulley. In order to put the belt fully in place the belt needs to be held against the drum pulley whilst the pulley is turned by hand until the belt is fully on the drum pulley.
Replacing the belt onto the pulley will no affect your warranty..
You can do this if you are able or, you can contact the company with which you hold your care plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems placing the belt back over the drum pully, rvery time i turn it, it comes off.the belt is pretty tight
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got it, thank u very much for your help