Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a neff duel oven U1150W1GB/01..FD7107 I have identified,that

I have a neff duel oven U1150W1GB/01..FD7107
I have identified,that the fan heater element is not working everything else O.K.
On searching the internet to replace this item seems simple,remove four screws ,remove back plate,remove three screws ,remove element.Except on this unit the element is held by two screws,and what appears to be a flush fitting hexagon headed something.
How do I remove this "something" to proceed?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK is the something in the middle of the fan element and fitted in front of the fan blades? Copy and paste the link below - then go to spare parts list and page 6. Which item do you refer to?
http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/U1150W1GB/01
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To Ian.
This is a "ring" element in front of the fan.The query is ,how do I remove the element?Neff instructions are "remove the three screws holding the elememt,BUT on my unit there are only two screws,and one flush fitted hexagon,object,how do I remove this object to release the element?One screw and the object are adjacent to the place where the actual connections go through to the back of the unit.
Can you identify from the posted link the hexagonal thing, is it item 015734 ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Not the part you have identified.
This has nothing to do with the actual fan,I am talking about the fan heater element,and how this element is retained in the oven.
According to the neff web site ,the element is held by three screws,in my case there only two screws and a hexagon headed flush fitting "thing",how do I remove that "thing"to remove the element?
Can you send me a photo of the thing as I have no idea what your are talking about and I assume it is not on the diagram? There are three screws, two are where the electrical cables come through the case the third one is 180 degrees opposite behind the fan blade (hence my question about the fan)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,sorry my computor cababilities do not stretch to sending photo's,but you are just on the right lines,but as I stated,on my unit there is only one screw,where the electrical cables go through,and this hexagon thing,(instead of another screw?)how do I remove this item?
The other screw is as you say at 180 deg;s
OK diagnally opposite the other screw across the element?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
The one screw at about four o'clock is O.K.,it is the other side where the elects are,according to the dia;this should be retained by two screws but as stated I have one screw, and this flush hexagon thing.To retain the element,O.K.?
Thanks for your efforts
OK have you got access to both the front and the back of the oven, ie have you got it out on a stand/table with the back off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
I have not taken the oven out of its kitchen fitment,if that is the only way to go,I fear I would avoid undertaking this myself.
So at the moment access to the front only,but it does seem to be overkill to have to take the oven out,to replace the element,
comments?
Welcome to my world. What I think has happened is that at sometime the element supplied has come with two studs rather than two screws, either the engineer broke off or had to break off one of the studs and replaced it with a screw or it turned up damaged. Many oven elements are help in place with the nuts at the back outside the cook cavity. You have now got two options in my opinion, you can try and snap or with a hacksaw blade cut through the stud behind the element plate or you will have to get someone to help you take it out and do it that way.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
Many thanks for your efforts.I think you are right.
Over and Out.
Patrick