Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a 10 year old Wilo Salmson Gold 60 shower pump.In

I have a 10 year old Wilo Salmson Gold 60 shower pump.In the past few months I have progressively had to dial the shower mixer to the maximum hot position in order to get a suitable temperature. It also occasionally squeals after I have run the shower for two minutes , I turn the shower off then on and the squeal stops. Is it curable or is it time to change the pump ?!
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - are you referring to on like that pasted in this link? --
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wilo-Gold-60-3-speed-central-heating-pump-/281887525351
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , its better to replace as the shower pump price is more competitive now and its not easy to replace the parts
Do you require further assistance?
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian, thank you for your response. The pump works well on only a cold feed, so I had hoped it might be a solvable hot water supply problem. Your advice is to go for a complete change so I will take that route .