Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an LG LCD TV Model 32LX2R and although its plugged in

Customer Question

I have an LG LCD TV Model 32LX2R and although its plugged in and power on I have no red light. This could be to do with checking the power supply yesterday. Is there a way of powering up the TV even if its in Auto sleep?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your TV? Who checked the power and how did they do it? Also please check and reset your hose circuit breakers one at a time and let me know if that resolves the issue or if you still need me?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lead to the TV was plugged into another appliance.The power is on the lead but no light comes on the tv to allow it to switch on. As on my question how do I over ride no light as the power is to the tv from the plug. there is nothing wrong with the power supply its the tv.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks needed to be sure. Did this fail during operation, or would it just not turn on ?Also I need to know what you mean by Checking power supply yesterday means?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lead from the plug to the tv was inserted in another appliance after the fise in the lug was checked and all ok. This is not the first time the tv red light has not come on then a few hrs later it has and I switched the tv on. It still comes back to how to overcome whatever on the tv is stopping the power to the light to allow for full activation of the tv. its approx. 7 years old and has been perfect except for this problem.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** have any electronic experience or maybe a bit handy?This is the power supply in this TV set to blame for this problem. if became intermittent as it will sometimes then failed altogether.Its an easy part to replace and I will help if you want to do that?No cost for that help ;-)The best place to get that part is : http://www.lg.com/uk/support/parts-accessoriesPlease visit that site and contact them to order that Power board.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have decided to buy a new TV to replace this as other items could need replacing and a new one would solve this over a few years, Thanks anyway,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome ;-) Please rate my service to you no cost for that but its the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you;-)Thank you and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael.
Thank you for informing me of how to fix the problem but as per my previous reply we will now solve the problem with a replacement tv. The info was quick and precise so thanks again.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
You are more than welcome, but for me to close this, you need to rate one of the stars above. ThanksTech Mike