Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have recently acquired a Bosch Exxcel dryer that came

Hi! I have recently acquired a Bosch Exxcel dryer that came with the house that we bought. It was working ok but now the filter light keeps flashing with the alert sound and its stops before the cycle is finished. I have cleaned fluff filter several times. I understand that there is exhaust air duct that may be blocked? but not sure how to check it or clean it.
There are no other doors/openings to the front of the machine than the door to the drum.
Any ideas welcome, thanks!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. May I have the Full model # ***** your Dryer, also is it gas or electric?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
I'm trying to find out the exact model for you (like I said, it came with the house we bought and I don't have original documents).
I'm sure its electric.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Its may be inside the door on the rim somewhere, or on the top in the rear of the machine ;-)Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, does this help?
E - Nr.WTV74307GB/04
FD 8711 200031
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the machine itself all it says is Bosch and Exxcel
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes!Ok this can be one of two things, either the sensor is bad or the unit is clogged at the duct work. You can check that by disconnecting the vent from the rear of the dryer, First UNPLUG it!Then remove the vent, plug it back in, and run it with nothing on the end of the dryer vent.If the problem seems to have gone away then the vent is clogged somewhere.. But if it remains you will need to replace that vent air flow sensor ;-) I will help on all accounts;-)Also where to best get that part if needed.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael, I will try
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome, once you rate, I will see that and send you a reply, immediately so you knwo how to reach me as you progress, ;-)Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Please use the stars to rate;-)Thanks Tech Michael