Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a new built in Siemens Zeolith dishwasher. It is

Hi, I have a new built in Siemens Zeolith dishwasher. It is creating a lot of wet/condensation after the cycle has finished on the top of the door and underneath the worktop and is causing the wooden door to swell and stick shut. Should there be so much water especially when I choose the extra dry option at the end.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you have this fault then its the door not fully closing causing the steam to escape like this.
If its new then its more then likely not installed correctly.
Who installed it? If it was a fitter then you may be best getting them back and refit it.
If it was yourself then you need to pull the dishwasher forwards as sometimes it can be installed to far back so the doors aligned but the cabinet is a little be to far back causing a gap to form in the door and this fault happens.
So pull the dishwasher forwards and reinstall it from there and then see how it goes.
Most of the time for this fault its the installation that's the fault here.
But if that's fine then its the door latch at fault. In this case you need to get Siemens out as its under warrenty and they will fix it free for you.
But check the above first as im sure you will find that's the case as I come across this a lot and most of the time its the way its installed that causes this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the advice. Two more questions please! Once the wooden door is off the front and the dishwasher is closing tightly and easily is it therefore definitely fitting at fault? Kitchen fitter came and did that earlier and said to get Siemens out.
With this kind of dishwasher once the program has finished, appliance bleeps and you switch to off should I close the door completely or keep it ajar? Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the outer door panel is off then the door should be able to shut correctly so it shouldn't really do it then.
So if you have the outer wooden door off and its still doing this then its the dishwasher itself at fault as long as the top of the door isn't catching on the screws holding the dishwasher to the underside of the unit.
As to the end of cycle its probberly best to close it fully as this will aid the drying process of it. But it wont really cause much trouble to the work top though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your help. I should now be able to get the fitter back with an informed view!