Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a GFN 13820W tall freezer. I keep it in my garage

Customer Question

I have a GFN 13820W tall freezer. I keep it in my garage which is attached to the house. I had no manual with the freezer but I believe it should not be kept in a room which gets below a certain temperature. Is this so and what is the temperature?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - with regard to your question technically yes BUT practically no, the sensors in the freezer are measuring temperature well into the minus figurs eg -18C the fact that you have it in the garage at say +5C won't cause it have any problems at all. The problem occurs when you try and put a fridge/freezer in a garage where the sensors are measuring fridge temperatures. If you copy and paste the following link into you browser it gives you the users manual for your model --
www.grundig.co.uk/Products/Download?...GFN13820%20Grundig.pdf
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank You for using JA and have a nice day ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply Ian. I looked at the manual on line and it is very confusing about temperatures! Under "Installation" it says it can operate from +5C to +43C: in section 4.1 the room temperatures must be at least -15C: under "troubleshooting" it says do not install where temperature falls below 10C. Do you comments still apply.?
To be honest Yes, I have never had problems with freezers operating in garages, fridges or fridge/freezers all the time. Grundig being part of the Beko group have likely the most vague manuals I have ever seen, I was looking at one last night regarding setting up the the water hardness in a dishwasher - it went on about pressing this button and then that button. When I looked at the appliance it only had an on/off switch and a timer knob. Completely generic but as helpful as a chocolate fireguard for someone with no experience of a dishwasher.