Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm about to get a Bosch SPS40E12GB with has a aqua stop(?)

Customer Question

Hi, I'm about to get a Bosch SPS40E12GB with has a aqua stop(?) - and I've read somewhere that this has to be attached to a downwards water pipe. We only have a upwards pipe free (the washing machine is on a horizontal pipe) ... should I cancel the order? I can't find anything in the online manual for the machine but am worried that I'm going to be left with a useless machine.
Thanks!!
Sarah
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That is correct as the pipe has to be in the down position as the aqua stop is a safety feature. What happens is if the hose leaks there water gets into the aqua stop and this stops it from filling so it makes you look at the hose and you will find the leak.
Now it will still work as a dishwasher as the hose doesn't know its upside down but the safety feature of it wont work at all so as these are more money for the aqua stop hose basically you are paying extra for something that wont work.
So you could stop the order and order another model that could be cheaper or you can still use is as normal as I said but just the safety feature of the hose wont work if it did ever leak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks v. much for the quick response - especially as it sounded like it wouldn't be possible to connect from the internet searching I did.
Have a good evening!
Sarah
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome