KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Motor brushes replaced recently (definitely needed replacement)

Customer Question

Motor brushes replaced recently (definitely needed replacement) but now programming stops at apparently random points with start/pause light flashing.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please get back with the complete model number and also let me know how old is your washer________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is ZWF1621 W###-##-####00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
OK, Lets check if we can get any error code out of the unit...To do this turn the dial to any setting and let it light up...After this is done press and hold the start button and the button to the left. Keep them held in for several seconds then the led's will go out. Now the start light and the end light will be flashing. Please count the total number of flashes from each the start light and the end light between the pause and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Start flashed twice, end flashed five times. It would only do this if I kept both buttons pressed, if I took my fingers off the start button just kept flashing.
Thanks for that ... this is error code E52 which indicates there is no signal from motor tachometric generator... possibly the motor or wiring or even both motor and the PCB is faulty...as you have already replaced the carbon brushes..check the wiring to the motor...if that is fine then test the motor and also check the wiring to the main control board...let me know how it goes and if you need further assistance._________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks