KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Washing machine is taking a long time to complete cycle

Hi, washing machine is taking a long time to complete cycle and wont fully drain.
Machine is set to colours 32mins cycle. Takes around 2.5hours to complete. Water feed both cold and hot checked and ok pressure.
Drained it into a bucket and output pressure appears fine, its drains 4 times during the cycle.
After its completed if you manually open the door and spin the drum you can here alot of water.
Water pump checked for blockages, nothing there. Pump appears to be functional.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, very sorry I dont have the model number to hand. The drum sits at an angle, front loader. I would estimate around 10 years old, it came with a launderette I recently bought. There is 2 of them in total, both have same problem currently but the other can do the cycle in around 1 hour. They have gas powered tumble dryers on top of them. You cant see through the door, if that helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this looks identical http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTM4MFg3MDA=/z/UhwAAOSwniRWN2CA/$_57.JPGModel MDE19PD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this site http://www.laundrymachines.co.uk/product.php/242/34/ lists it as D19PD though.Same on http://www.reconcommercialsltd.co.uk/products-page/commercial-industrial-dryers/maytag-super-stack-washer-dryer-combo/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please see attach for pdf for machine.
Sorry about delay in responding ... have you pulled the washer out and then checked the drain pump ? If the pump appears to be working fine and as it drains fine the problem is with the main control board that is bad and will need replacement...looking at the age of the appliance it is better to buy a new one then to spend £180 on control board replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, pump appears to pump out at a good rate. As there is still water in the drum/machine when I open the door and manually spin it by hand (but no water in actual inside of the drum that you can see, will take video tomorrow and let you see) is it possible perhaps something eg a sock that has got lodged between the drum and the drainage at the bottom of the drum? or it that not possible.Another symptom is, sometimes when the cycle is in action it will stop and flash at random times, to get it to go again you have to press the button again.Just bought this business so funds are low. Around 1k per machine, if we still believe its the main control board I may purchase one of those just to test it in the machine that takes the longest and see how it goes.Will get the exact model number and serial number tomorrow when at work and reply.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exact model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Noise from inside machine. Notice when spun the water is heard but never enters the drum. I would of expected it to be coming through the holes in the drum when spun.Are we still going for the idea its the main control board? If yes I will buy one and install it.Thanks