Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just moved in to this house and tried to start the dishwasher. The programme

Customer Question

Hello, I have just moved in to this house and tried to start the dishwasher. The programme is set but the start light just blinks continually and when I shut the door it just beeps and nothing happens. If I press the cancel button, it doesn't even light up and again nothing happens. Can you advise.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - is it built in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,Yes it's integrated and the model number is *****
OK the first thing to do is take off the kickstrip below the door and have a look, you may have to remove an inspection panel and see if you have water in the base of the appliance ie below the wash cavity. Then come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, yes there is water in there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, have you got an answer for me yet?
OK, let me tell you what has happened, for whatever reason water has got into the base pan and as you can see that is where the major electrical components are housed eg, heater, circulating pump and drain pump. To protect them there is a float switch that operates if the water level rises and shuts down the whole appliance. First thing to do is shut off the electric to the appliance and then mop up the water, using an old towel or paper towels, you must get all the water out before we can move forward.