Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Miele dishwasher, door is not square with machine when closed,

Miele dishwasher, door is not square with machine when closed, top leans to the right (not perpendicular), any adjustment please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK dishwashers these days are not structurally rigid they are more like cardboard boxes and if they are not fitted correctly can develop a diamond shape. The thing to do is to adjust the front feet until you get the door to fit correctly, this will realign the the cabinet so that the door is back to normal. What normally happens it that when fitted the installer didnt check the fit points as the unit was straight out of the box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** cabinet is square, the problem appears to be with the right hand side hinge, which needs to be somehow raised, to bring the door up that side, to be in alignment with the cabinet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the door requires removal, for examination of the hinges, how is the door removed please?
Cabinet sides off together with the top. Door outer door panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you come across my specific problem before? ie. door not hanging squarely on the cabinet, If so, how did you rectify the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm hoping now you fully understand the problem with the dishwasher, if so, can you give a comprehensive reply. Thanks.
Yes I have and as mentioned unless the door has totally collapsed it has been rectified by adjusting the leveling feet. Have you taken off the top and side panels and looked at the hinge assemblies as suggested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, we have just moved into the property and found the dishwasher in this state. The cabinet is definitely square, and the problem is definitely with the door being distorted. I will try removing the panels as you suggested tomorrow, but before I pull,out the unit from under the worktop, will I need to disconnect any piping, cables etc, or should I just be able to pull it out without causing any problems? Thanks.
You should be able to pull it out far enough to get the side panels off, the length of the cold water inlet pipe (which is the critical one) is 1.5m so as long as the water tap is not too far away from the appliance you should be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for delay, circumstances beyond my control, didn't get round to job until today. I did as you suggested, door now fine, thanks for your help.