Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I need to replace one of the drum lifters in my AEG

Customer Question

Hello, I need to replace one of the drum lifters in my AEG washing machine LN78480. I have the original part with #(###) ###-#### ***** is a small screw included, but I can't figure out how to do it. Should be possible without taking the whole machine apart - I hope. Can you pls help with directions - have surfed widely for a solution, but apparently unsuccessfull. Thanks in advance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The screws that comes with it doesn't have to be fitted. Personally I don't fit them and I know most other engineers don't as well as to be honest they are a right nightmare to fit.
To fit them you need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and then look under the washer and remove the black hose that goes to the bottom of the drum.
With that off that's how you fit the screw to the drum paddle. But as I said its an absolute nightmare to fit.
That why we don't bother as the original lifters are not held with screws. As once they are locked into place the wont move.
So personally I wouldn't bother as no one else fits them even the AEG engineers fit them a I know as I used to be one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** they are not fitted with screws originally, how do you then remove the lifter? Without tilting the machine? Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the lifter is still fitted in then removing itt is hard. What we do is break them off. As they actually lock in. You need to hold the back of them with both hands and pull forwards hard. Then you may need to break off. But there isn't any screws hold the old ones in place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, will give it a try, thx
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had to cut if out, but overall it worked. Thanks a lot and a nice sunday to you
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the lifters are still in place when I get there usually that's how I do it as well is break them off as they are fitted very tight in there.