Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

George, I am getting an F23 fault on my Siemens washer -

Hi George, I am getting an F23 fault on my Siemens washer - not intergrated. It didn't spin and I want to get the clothes out but the door won't open S14-79 is what shows on the front of the machine. I can't give you any make/model as the door won't open. Thank you for any help you can provide. Thanks Don
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered my email and it says I already have an account - I don't have any email except***@******.***
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
F23 means water has leaked in the base of the washer activating the flood switch.
What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. You will need a towel for that part.
Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and clear the F23 code.
So then retry the washer and see how it goes from there. But if it happens again then theres a water leak in there which you need to remove the top and back panel and from there check the hoses and see if theres any leaks from there.
So try the above and see how it goes from there.