Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Belling cooker model 112 part no.###-##-#### It is a push

Customer Question

belling cooker model 112 part no.###-##-####
It is a push button switch for the warming plate. the part is now obsolete.
how can this be repaired?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - do you have the part number for the one you are looking for, as you say it seems to be obsolete but as Im a belling engineer I can give parts a call tomorrow and find out if they have an odd one kicking around of if they have a suitable replacement. Sometimes another model uses the same switch but with a different part number - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for contacting me. The part number is###-##-####
I contacted Belling today hoping to get them to do the repair, they told me it was obsolete and did not have any.
But if your can I will be grateful
Keith
Can you get it out for me and upload a photo, I need to know it its a singele or double pole and I assume it latches when pushed in? Sorry missed the partnumber, just read it as a serial number. I may be able to get a replacement from somewhere else if we get stuck. How is it held in place? Do you by chance have the product code its a long number - these days everything is online but at least I could have a look at the diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part number I gave you is the number that Belling gave me today.
The cooker model no. is 112SGR and serial no. 52100060.
I am not sure how to remove it, I do not know if am able to.
I have uploaded a photo taken from the front, is that any help.
Yes, it latches when pushed in and the red light comes on, but does not stayed latched and the light goes out.
OK I have just been talking to a friend of mine who specializes in old appliance parts and copied him the picture across and he will have a look and see if he has any in stock, if not I think we should be able to replace it with perhaps a rocker switch which will perform the same actions. Will come bacck to you tommorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are asking me to rate your service, but before I do, you said yesterday that you would come back to to say if you have found the part. Have you had any luck with that ?
No ignore that it is a computer generated message, dont rate anything until we have sorted out your problem - Ian