Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Honeywell R660D and when I request heat either

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell R660D and when I request heat either by the remote thermostat or by pressing the button on the R660D the green light comes on momentarily (about 2-3 seconds) and then the red light flashes briefly and both go off. We have a 2 zone heating system and the second zone is working fine.
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.The problem is that the 2 units are "not speaking to each other". this could be caused by low batteries or a loss in signal caused by a powercut or an objection in the way of the 2 units.first you need to turn the power off to the r666od (or otherwise known as the HC60NG) for 10 secs, then turn back on. then hold the grey button in for 15 secs. release then hold in for a further 5 secs.go to the honeywell cm61 press the off button. hold temp up. temp down and prog 1 in for 3 secs until the dipslay goes to INST. at this point release all 3 buttons then press the i button until a beacon starts flashing.this is now the end to your problem.N.B the reason the green light was on is because the man override button will have been pressed.hope this helps?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I had found an answer similar to this and tried it - sorry if my original message was not clear - but the red light was not on permanently - it only flashes briefly before both red and green go off.If I switch the thermostat to off and then back to man/auto the green light comes on for about 2-3 secs. I presume this means that the thermostat is successfully communicating with the R6660D ?Since asking this question, I have been trying alternatives. I manually pushed the lever on the actuator valve into the open position and into the groove to lock it open. Then it seems that when I request heat (either via thermostat or override button on R6660D) that the green light stays on. So I am wondering if this indicates a fault somewhere with the valve ? However, the valve does seem to be responding to close signals - because it returns to the closed position when the thermostat signals that heat is no longer required.Hope this makes sense!
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi I was going to ask that next. Yes it sure does sound like there is a problem with the valve or the control at the boiler not working the valve correctly.Do you have any electrical or electronic experience and a meter?If so we can go further on this.Please let me know?If not you would need a boiler or heating Tech to come out and figure which one it is. I can tell you, I suspect the valve as the fault because almost always its just the valve that is failing and sticking internally.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael